de setembre 14, 2006

feeling proud

Every time i listen to Panama's National Anthem i feel very patriotic. I love our anthem. If im outside my country i could even cry. Even though i feel my country is kind of fucked up, people dont think too much before doing something, and theres a lot of corruption., and so many other stuff. Ah... and they honk too much hahaha, but im proud of being panamenian. I love the taste of the chicheme just made, love the taste of the tajadas de platano maduro that my grandma makes. I get very happy when i find out my mom cooked arroz con guandu y coco, and langostinos chombo style. I cannot live without having patacones for breakfast or for dinner. I love the fact that boths oceans are one hour away from each other, and the mountains and the beaches are less than one hour away from the city. I love to walk by Avenida Balboa... to run in Parque Omar, to take pictures in Casco Viejo, and play soccer with the kids, i love to hang out in the Calzada de Amador and buy ice creams, or rent a bike and go around... Im glad theres a canal i can go, sit and watch the biggest ships ive ever seen, and even wave to the guys in the ships and they wave back, its so close. Its good you can be in a boat heading to an island and see that a whale is beside, hanging out with us and saying "stop the F.A.T. (fucking aiesec talk)" in whale (thank you doris from nemo). We've got the most beautiful beaches, white sand, clear water, coral reefs... We had the oldest town in America... Weve got a really big rainforest... thats why we're only 3 millions in 75,517km2. Hey, we've got carnavales too, and veeeeeeeery good.
See? I love my country and our national anthem... its just the best.
Useless Fact: It was made by a spanish guy, haha, very panamenian anthem, but i love it, carajo